The Pine Island Area Historical Society was organized in 1998. Located at 314 North Main in Pine Island, MN, the historical society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.
History Center Hours
We are open on the first of the month from and all Mondays from - 11:-00 AM. If these hours do not fit your schedule, please make an appointment by calling us at 507-398-5326 or 507-356-2802.
Holiday Open House - 2015
HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE
Pine Island Area History Center
314 North Main, Pine Island Minnesota
Demonstrations ... Exhibits ... Refreshments ... More!
Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:00 – 4:00 PM
- Hummel Collection belonging to Chris & JoAnne Judge-Dietz
- Art Exhibit by the Finnegan Family
- Video by Sam - “Stranbeest”, a walking robot, created by members of Tesla Works, a club at the University of Minnesota
- Demo Video of Games and 3-D models created by Tom
- 1:30 – 2:30 Demo by Greg of his “historic scene” painting technique
DEMONSTRATIONS 10:00 AM – 2:15 PM
- Making Krumkake by Lowellene Pahl Jackson
- Making Greeting Cards & Scrapbooking by Vicki Morey
Micky Sigrist will share some of his memories of the “paddleboat trip” that he and Brad Rud took down the Mississippi River as young men in 1979.
Viewing the Exhibits will also be available to the public on Saturday, December 5th from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM & Sunday, December 6th from 1:00-3:30 PM. Stop in at the History Center, look at the Dietz Hummel Collection and the Finnegan Art Exhibit, and then join us for coffee and cookies. There will be no demonstrations at this time.
Having a Class Reunion?
We invite you to include the History Center when planning a class reunion. We have had good reviews by former graduates who have gathered with their classmates at the History Center and spent time reminiscing about the “good old days.” Please call the Director at 507-398-5326 to discuss options available.
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 71. View more »
Pine Island 1854 – 1915
Calendar of Events
Pine Island Area Historical Society